Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T LAWNWORK, Apr 26, 2008.

T LAWNWORK LawnSite Member

Saw A Local Bussiness Today With An Over Grown Lawn. Went In To Talk To A Manager About Mowing It. We Looked At It Together And He Told Me He Got A Quote From Some Other Guy For $25. That Did Not Include Trimming Or Blowing Off.i Told Him I Would Do It For $30. He Asked When I Could Do It I Said Right Now. After 35 Minutes Of Work I Was Done. The Manager Was Happy And Gave Me $40.my Question Is Do A Lot Of You Guys Charge Extra For Trimming And Blowing Off? I Am Some What New To The Game. But I Do Have A Lot Of Toys.
  2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Its usually pretty standard. Usually Scrub Companies try to get away without trimming or blowing. Why would someone hire a company to mow and then trim/blow themselves?

I actually have a few customers that mow their own lawn, and hate trimming, and have me come and trim and blow only. Funny thing is, I charge them almost what I would charge to mow the who lawn in the first place.

When you make posts, stop capitilizing every letter. It is very annoying.
  3. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

LOL :laugh:
  4. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

HA! I never noticed he did it till you brought it up, thats gotta take some time to type like that! :drinkup:
  5. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like the guy has his Caps Lock on and typed in all capital letters. Lawn Site has a program built into our posts which changes all capitals into a capital letter on the first letter of each word.

6. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

Trimming and Blowing is Standard and included in the price that any decent LCO gives. anyone who would hire someone to mow but not trim and blow as well, isnt looking for a quality job but the Cheapest one.