extreem trimmer rack nightmare

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by torotorotoro, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Wright Lawn

Wright Lawn LawnSite Member

Jungle Jims work for me. http://junglejimsap.com/displayItem.php?pkey=15 . Had a 3 tr since 2006, no problems. Trimmers stay in place and it only requires 1 lock to lock down all three trimmers. Made in USA:usflag:

2. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my Xtreme racks (the old style from Green Touch) yesterday. I am hoping to have them mounted later this week. Will post pics when done. No instructions with them to provide any insight as to what spacing works best for what type of trimmers. Looking forward to not having them rolling around in the back of the truck anymore.

3. Jonathan Johnson

Jonathan Johnson LawnSite Member

Could my rack set up be causing this? I got home the other day and my stihl fc 95 edger is bent. Has anyone seen this problem with the Green Touch Rack. I don't know if it is a rack problem or if someone is trying to steal my equipment.
    thanks.

20130831_123922_resized.jpg

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Looks like somebody tried to climb on the trimmer. Got employees?

5. Jonathan Johnson

No employees. Is there any way the rack can cause this?

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The extremes you guys go through to use these racks is amazing.

7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like somebody tried to steal it to me.

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

There's no way the trimmer rack could have BENT the shaft on your edger. Have you ever bent one yourself? I have (old dead trimmer, wanted to bend the shaft in half to put it in the dumpster). It was a LOT harder than I imagined!

The only probable cause for your edger being bent in that way is someone stood on it or grabbed it and pushed down HARD.

Believe it or not, there's kids, even "adults" out there that can't keep their hands off of stuff. Who knows, maybe someone decided to do some climbing on your trailer while you were in a back yard...

I've used the xtreme racks for 5 years now I believe and the only problem I've had is when the padlock seized up one day. Had to drill it out to get it to unlock so I could replace it.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Why I wouldn't waste my money on Extreme trimmer racks. I've said before that there isn't a trimmer rack that I can't open silently in under 10 seconds and I meant it. The only safe way to secure your machines from a professional thief is to take them inside and tie 20 pit bulls to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr_SNb2ueT0

10. Jonathan Johnson

Is this an easy fix if I get the parts? Thanks for the help everyone. Appreciated!