extreem trimmer rack nightmare

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by torotorotoro, Jan 13, 2012.

1. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

oh boy.... i just ordered the double rack yesterday

2. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

did they shut this thread down

3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Reduce the wobble and you won't have issues. Are your rails tight or wiggle around.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

How did the trimmer break?

I keep hearing little complaints about these racks. We have a saying in the old country....

Tight's tight and too tight's broke.

I'll stick to my low tech TrimmerTrap.

5. torotorotoro

i was driving and i heard something i looked in the mirror , i saw the rack hanging from pole that was not broke. before i could get it stopped it ran into a medium in the middle of road. the rack was welded to my trailer

6. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I had mine welded down as well as the regular nuts and bolts....no more wiggle or wobble.

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Too bad that happened but if that was the worst day of last year I would say you had a pretty good year.

8. torotorotoro

yes for the most part, but i went from having 6 weedtrimmers to having1.one was broke down. there is nothing like having two guys stand around and wait for their turn to trim.i had to wait a week to get 2 new ones.who can afford a $1000 loss in the blink of an eye

9. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

From the responses I've read that you posted in the past, I'm thinking it's karma happening. Weld it back together and put a few braces on it.

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The pins that are attached to your trimmer shafts are BACKWARDS. Look at the instructions or pictures on their website. That would cause a lot of stress on the one upright that has the trimmer heads locked on it, the one that broke. It's not getting any support from the other upright! My point is, I've got my money on operator error, not equipment failure here.