Extreme Drought!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by shadowrlc, Jul 1, 2008.

1. shadowrlc

shadowrlc LawnSite Member

For anyone who's ever wondered what extreme drought looks like, here it is! 5 counties in Upstate SC were upgraded to extreme drought this week. In the past 12 months we are over 20 inches behind in rain! I tried to keep up with it with irrigation but with no luck. Here are a few before and afters. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sorry man. but i work my 50-60 hours a week construction + mowing 50 accounts a week. Imhappy the grass is dead! good riddance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Ha! Stupid grass... im so happy i got out. thats pretty bad. No irrigation i assume. Thats why all our lawn customers had irrigation systems, we didnt take em if they didnt.

4. shadowrlc

shadowrlc LawnSite Member

Hey I'm right with you! We have 50 hours a week in commercial maintenance properties so it's been nice to catch a breath but it's bad! And yes this does have irrigation but to keep up with it I wouldn't be able to pay the water bill!! Right now to keep fescue looking good I've got water running 45 minutes twice a day!! ( but thats off a well)

5. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

SHadow I feel the pain man in the 8 years i have been running with this last year was the worst for me. I lost alot of per timers and have been able to revuild it back this year. Then we are hit again!! Gas prices and drought are killing me. THe county i live in can only water on saturdays and that is tough. We need a nice big Hurricane to drop some rain on us. Leave the damage away! gOOD LUCK i LL DO A RAIN DANCE!!!!

6. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

I swear it feels like it has rained everyday here for the last 2 months

7. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Same here in GA. Irrigation or not...doesn't matter. Using irrigation systems are banned. Only watering in SOME areas is odd/even, 25 minutes of watering BY HAND ONLY!!!

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

My goodness!! screw that. And i complain about my 20 min every other day...Ha!

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

I was wonderin about you ohio guys! I guess your still workin?!

10. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

it time to switch over to bermuda or some warm climate grass around here now.