extreme landscaping/lawn mowing tv show

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zackvbra, Feb 28, 2013.

1. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from FL

Great could use it for the down payment on a new ztr.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yard Crashers is pretty close for landscape-hardscape design and install.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Tsklandscaping

Tsklandscaping LawnSite Member

Ya yard crashers is it I though there was one out there!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah it's ok but it's just landscaping. they need a show for mowing and mower reviews and trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, loppers, etc. the maintenance side of things.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Won't happen. Tv shows are paid by sponsors. Nobody is going to let their product get picked apart and pay for the privaledge.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Tsklandscaping

Tsklandscaping LawnSite Member

Ya that's true..
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

I have been thinking about this for years! I love watching deadliest catch, swamp loggers, and ax men. I don't know why there isn't a show on the lawn care industry! I wouldn't mind a camera crew following me around all day, if I was getting paid for it. Of coarse there would be some sort of action, danger, or just general drama going on, but that makes those shows (in someone's mind). The show could be about like 8 crews all over the country, working with different equipment, all trying to mow the most lawns in one season, to become "turf king" and win the respect of the other crews. Hahaha

It would also give insight to our clients on what we go through on a daily basis!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

It would be dumb to measure in "how many lawns cut". It brings as much validity to the statement of "how many accounts do you have", every property is completely different, 10 20 acre office complexes require more equipment and man power than 100 resis under 8000 sq ft.

It should be about the full spectrum of the industry, not just "lawn care", (which, technically refers to fert/weed control), lawn & landscape maintenance, landscape design & build, and snow & ice management for the companies in the north.

9. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

I can agree with you there Jcontracting! Not all companies in the show would do all the same work either, making it more interesting to see how things are different all over the country. It would hard to have any sort of competition though, so all the companies in the show would have to gross the same amount most of the time. Making some sort of reasonable competition for a seasons work.

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

it wouldn't be like that. have you ever seen that DIY show cool tools??? it would be kindof like that. they only tell the positives about everything for the most part.

now if you wanted a reality lawncare show that would be better but i don't think any show is ever gonna sit there and pick things apart and say this company sucks and makes crap. that kinof show really isn't even about the brands they use. like american chopper used harley davidson motors or whatever but the show really had nothing to do with that. it was about all of the other stuff they did. really it wasn't much about their work. it was about the fights and arguments and such. :laugh:

have you seen gold rush? they use cat and all these brands and that stuff tears up every single day they work. it would be kinof the same deal.

it would be more about some customer losing their temper and saying "i only want bi weekly mowing!" or "why did you put ruts in my yard?!"

a company would go do an estimate and they would scream "you wanna charge how much?!" or stuff like landscaping mistakes and you have to correct what you did and you lose money in the process.

these shows are more about things you want to avoid at all costs. :laugh:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013