extreme landscaping/lawn mowing tv show

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zackvbra, Feb 28, 2013.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

really none of those shows are actual reality. it's made up alot of it.

it would be like your company makes alot of mistakes and has to redo this and that and this tears up so you have to go get a new mower and so forth which if it actually happened in real life you'd be out of business. yet somehow on the show you pull it all together and end up making a million dollars profit for the year. :laugh:
  2. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I think it'd be entertaining if the show focused on the following:
    - The hiring process of seasonal crew members
    - The drama between management and their crews
    - Outrageous/eccentric customers
    - Extreme renovation jobs
    - Extreme cleanups
    - Some maintenance accounts that are generally just PITA's every week.
  3. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

This would FURTHER pollute the industry with scrubs
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Pawn stars is pretty legit my in law knew Rick from years and years back. Said the show is pretty legit but the timeline doesn't go the same as the show.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

they all have some degree of reality but alot of it is just for "show" or they are acting out a part.
  6. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

Pro Turf deserves a TV show!!!!!
  7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

something like shipping wars would be cool, cept instead.. mowing wars.. and rival companies bidding on work and see who makes money and who looses money. :drinkup:

8. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

Even as a brand-new startup guy, I have to agree with this. Lol!
  9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i dunno i mean i haven't ran off and started building choppers or flew to alaska and started gold mining yet. :laugh:
  10. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Id have to agree with everyone, the fact of the matter is no t.v. broadcaster is gonna air a landscaping show thats number 1. Number 2 is lots of shows are a"show". But last their is still a good chance it can happen and wether or not it goes to any ones ideas of the perfect show, in reality we would all watch because its what we love to do, it takes a certain devotion and heart to do this work. It can be a hasle one day and like a kid in a candy shop the next, A brand new piece of equipment here, a broken mower their. But to keep a frame on another thing, the landscaping industry is on a rise it can only get better for some and worse for others. But with that more attention will come and obviously their is more landscapers than their are miners or pilots(wish to become one, not raging) . Question is how long before someone gets a show or how long before this fourm asks for a Show!? Ponder this closely!