Extreme Lawn picture thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by E.L.Co, Sep 4, 2009.

1. E.L.Co

E.L.Co LawnSite Member
    from Texas

some pics of my truck and some work, more to come

DSCI0013.jpg

DSCI0021.jpg

DSCI0020.jpg

DSCI0033.jpg

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck and trailer.

3. E.L.Co

E.L.Co LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Thank you sir, and i will have you and the soon to come doubtful veiwers that i didnt get financial help to start. the whole reason im in business is to give my family the financial help. :laugh: look at my story post "how extreme lawn co. came to be. thanks again for the complement lawn freak:)

4. E.L.Co

E.L.Co LawnSite Member
    from Texas

feel free to comment or ask questions! dont be shy

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

nice rig post more pisc please

6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Not to be a prick but have you had any formal tree trimming education? Because from the two pics I saw you have done more damage than good. I bring this up to educate you and others this is not proper pruning. Any other Arborists want to jump in here and back me up I need to get moving can't hang around and quote ISA standards. Here is a link though. http://www.isa-arbor.com/ Sorry dude Good luck

7. E.L.Co

E.L.Co LawnSite Member
    from Texas

proper pruning is a bunch of crap because it does not solve any clearance issues. Live oaks are definately over pruned in san antonio. they can hold up to such over zealous pruning providing you seal the wounds to prevent oak wilt, which is a problem down here. i worked for a tree company for a while and am not a jackass as i have a licensed arborist for consulting purposes, my good friend. all trees are different and cannot be pruned the same. i would like you to point out one issue with the pruning shown. im not angry but would like you to substantiate your claim.:) i do almost 5 tree jobs a week and cannot get an arborist license as i am studying for the irrigation test

8. E.L.Co

E.L.Co LawnSite Member
    from Texas

pic 1...was growing down to the lawn and was raised to acheive upward growth, deadwood removed suckers cleaned on arms to upper canopy. wounds sealed.
    pic 2...i admit there is some lions tailing but the amount of deadwood to begin with was appaling and i did not want to completely remove those healthy branches. Tree doctors in my part of town would charge a grand to remove dead wood and leave a tree all the way to the ground which is taking advantage of his prestigous title. the way oaks are trimmed in sa stresses the tree and leaves it bare...think my work is to over zealous you should see what the licensed pros put out. if anyone has a pic of a live oak after "proper certified" pruning please share thanks again:waving:

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Is the truck a duramax or gasser? Either way it's a nice truck (but will be nicer if it is a diesel)

10. E.L.Co

E.L.Co LawnSite Member
    from Texas

lol its a 6.0 liter gas guzzler. has hooker exhuast superchip and is a fast truck with plent of power for towing. duramax is coming next summer i cant stand 9 mpg towing