1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Extreme Overseeding

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by EdTLawn, Aug 9, 2007.

1. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

....is you best bet in getting a thick, lush and weed free beautiful lawn !

I seed my lawn almost after every two weeks after mowing and the results are stunning. Everyone wastes their money watering and on a ferts, what good is that when you don't have any grass to water or fert to ?

The instructions on coverage rates are totally useless in my opinion, I suggest that you overseed when ever you have an opportunity.
  2. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

In canada you can do that in louisville ky 102 degrees this week no rain in 2 months to speak of. the ground is so hard here its useless to seed other than in early spring and early fall is the best. But yes overseed 3 times the coverage rate. Aerating is a must around here.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

fungus? is always fun
  4. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Funny.....thought for sure no one would even respond to this...LOL
  5. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

Whys that ? ...LoL

I see everyone around here spend heaps on ferts and bags of soil and not one thought on buying seeds :confused: I guess you get more volume on a bag of soil than on little bag of seeds that costs 6-10 times the cost of that big and heavy bag of soil or fert !
  6. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

LOL..at dam near 100/per bag........
  7. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I did a little seeding last fall, otherwise I "wasted " my money on some good organic fert, and my results are stunning too. I have a gorgeous lawn that is the envy of my neighborhood.
  8. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I wish it were that easy here. You have to have water for the new grass to germinate & keep growing.