Extreme Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MnGreen, Jun 12, 2008.

1. MnGreen

MnGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking on buying one of these but I'm not sure about the "top rail" mount being enough on a open trailer rail.
    Seems to be allot of height on each side and equipment weight to be secured by the top rail only of the trailer.
    Anyone have one mounted as shown on their site ?
    Maybe a cross bar has to be added to add strength ?

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

do a search, there's tons of threads for this exact same post. this is just another waste of KB.....

3. MnGreen

MnGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Unlike your response not being a waste ?

Should I have found any "mount" answers to my concerns I would not have made the post. Wasn't looking for another testimony on how great the racks are.
    Will not bother the community with wasted posts again.
    Big attitudes at times on this site that I can do without, even after just a few weeks of being registered.

Go poop on someone elses yard, I moved out of the neighborhood :waving:

4. gobbles2700

gobbles2700 LawnSite Member

I welded a piece of heavy angle about 9" down from the top tube on the outside of the trailer. Then I drilled the top tube and ran u bolts around each of the uprights. I would take a pic but all I have right now is a DSLR with huge files. If you want pm me your email addy and I will send a low res in the body of the email. One thing it could use in my setup is a tube connecting each upright to the other at the top.

5. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, rough crowd. :cry:

6. E & J Pro Turf

E & J Pro Turf LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I had to weld mine on the trailer and they still move around to much. I would like to see any open trailer set ups as well. I will need to work up something, there is just not enough support on the base of the trailer and rack. I will post a pic of my set up or pm me and I will email also. Love the rack just need them more stable.

7. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

You just have to ignore some of the people on here most are really helpful sorry about that.