Extreme Recycling

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by agrostis, Dec 31, 2011.

1. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

2. That is really sad. Thieves piss me off.

3. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

They took 50' of 1"L and 40' of 3/4"L from my yard back in November.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Doing oddball jobs this time of the year.

My job note was- This house has been vacant for 4 months. They can't get water to work at all in the house . The water district replaced the meter 2 months ago and the reading is still at .02 so start here

After a bunch of exploration I found out this house had a crawl space and access to the crawl space in a very small hatch outside the house. There was 2' of space thickness so I was on my stomach.

I find the Shut off! I turn it on and get blasted with water! *Quickly turns off*
    I start looking around and come to find out a crackhead theif got in here and took probably about 75% of the copper piping in here.. He freaking demolished the entire thing... Rip Tear Shread I say! Everything just had been twisted around.

I felt bad for the homeowner- He's hoping to get a plumber in with in a day or 2.

6. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny this thread shows up, yesterday I was driving to the dump which is in an ehh part of town and I passed a boarded up 3 floor house and on all the boards the owner painted "copper all gone." I found this to be creative but also a good idea and mainly I found it very sad that people have to do that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

When I went to the recycling center the other day with a load of iron I felt like I was buying a house with all the paper work involved.

Shocked at the $400 bucks I got for a trailer of iron.

8. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I finally got around to dropping my 2 year collection brass off yesterday. Had about 300 pounds and walked out with a little over $600. I was surprised at how much it was worth.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

was it mixed brass and copper?

10. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Mine was all brass; yellow, red and white separated out.