Extreme Trimmer Rack - Broken Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mykayel, Jun 2, 2011.

1. mykayel

mykayel LawnSite Member

Well I started up a small operation this year (13 residential yards weekly) and I outfitted my 5x8 trailer with a 2 position Extreme Trimmer rack. After reading the reviews here I was sold. I didn't get the engine support and that was a problem. On my last yard of the day today, when I went to start the my echo trimmer, it snaped in half. With it being my last yard, I just held both pieces and slowly trimmed (I wouldn't suggest trying that by the way). Well here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. McVey Landscape

McVey Landscape LawnSite Member

Wow! I have used those style of trimmer racks for years and never had that happen.

3. A-1 LAWN

A-1 LAWN LawnSite Member
    from kansas

I have a jungle jims rack,no problems yet.works good for the price.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Most likely because its a single axle trailer, I don't know why but that's the word from Green Touch. I've got a tandem axle with mine mounted over the fender with no problems.

5. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Get the engine support it's worth every penny. Order a new shaft if the trimmer is still worth it.

6. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Man! That's why we only use racks that we make ourselves. Sucks man.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

8. McVey Landscape

McVey Landscape LawnSite Member

Mine are mounted on tandem axle's. I have three racks per trailer. Never have had a problem. Shafts are expensive as I found out when one of my employees ran over my new FS90R.

9. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

That's exactly why I chose the jungle jim racks. Don't let green touch blame your trailer. That's complete BS. It's the flaw in their design and salesmanship. It actually should come with an engine support! They make you pay extra for an already overpriced product.

10. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

echo's have thin shafts anyway to,i broke one on a tractor supply 3 position rack last year,new shaft was like 50 bucks.