Extremely good book for the new and the experienced...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mcwlandscaping, Jul 29, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

another LS member (don't know his LS name, just his AIM name!) told me about a book the other day called "how to start a home based landscaping business" So, i went out and got it, cost me all of $17. Pretty big book too, ~320 pages. Ive got to tell you, it is great, it has so much information in it about the business aspect of running the business its amazing. It gives so many examples and examples of every possible print form you could ever possibly use when running a landscaping business big or small. For $17, it would be cheap just for the examples of the forms it shows but it tells you everything. It is an awsome book, thought i should share, once work settles a little bit ill read it completely, i have a feeling that may have to wait until winter! New guys or experienced ones would benefit from this book!!! ITS ONLY $17!!! It really is great.

"How to start a home based landscaping business"
    by: Owen e. dell

2. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

I am pretty sure I have the same book. I read all but about the last 30 pages before the growing season this year. Haven't sit down and finished it yet. I agree 100%. The book is great. It is more about business than Landscaping. My understanding is that he has a few books published that are just as good. It has given me a different insight to the business and approach.

3. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

i think i found somthing to add to my birthday list

4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your library system for the book. I just checked and their are 22 of his books with that title in our system.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've taken that book out at the library several times. It has helped a lot.

6. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

Hey all I'm the founder of this amazing book for MCW hope everyone takes the time to go get it at any book store!! Its a cheap investment to create a life time investment. Its all you need to start this business inbetween two cardboard foldings!

7. phototropic1

phototropic1 LawnSite Member
    from MS

I own the book. Highly recommended for most of the business situations that we'll encounter.

8. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

i got the book for my birthday, the best book purchase Ive ever made, better than all those Scott's books and stuff X10