Eye Protection Review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Nov 20, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

THERE WAS A THREAD ABOUT EYE PROTECTION, TLS POSTED A GEMPLER SITE WITH DIFFERENT GOGGLES AND I TRIED A COUPLE THAT LOOKED GOOD, THIS IS WHAT I FOUND.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I HAVE BEEN IN LEAVES AND EXTREMELY DUSTY CONDITIONS WITH THE WIND BLOWING FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS. YESTERDAY I USED THE BOTTOM ONE IN THE PICTURES CALLED GOGGLE GEAR AND IT DID NOT FOG AT ANY TIME, THEY WERE VERY EASY TO WEAR, LIGHT, GAVE CLEAR VISION BUT LET A SMALL AMOUNT OF DUST INSIDE. LAST NIGHT I HAD TO FLUSH MY EYES BECAUSE OF THE SMALL AMOUNT OF DUST THAT GOT INSIDE, HOW I DON'T REALLY KNOW.

I WORE THE TOP ONE IN THE PICTURE TODAY IN TERRIBLE CONDITIONS AND DID NOT HAVE ANY DUST GET INSIDE THAT I AM AWARE OF, MY EYES FEEL GREAT, THE BEST THEY HAVE FELT IN A LONG TIME. THESE ARE UVEX SPOGGLES WITH A SMOKE GRAY TINT, EXCELLENT VISION WITH GOOD SUN BLOCKING TO KEEP YOUR EYES RESTED AND ZERO FOGGING. I WOULD BUY THESE AGAIN, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE WITH THESE BEING BETTER FOR PROTECTION OF YOUR EYES.

http://www.gemplers.com/list.aspx?SKW=dust+goggles&src=24GLSSB

2. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

my guys would lose them... they get dollar store ones

lol

3. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

Heck, I'm the sole proprietor and I have to use dollar store ones because I lose mine. :hammerhead:

4. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I applaud you Puppypaws! Your eyesight is everything. My mother was legally blind and I witnessed her frustrations for years.
    I REQUIRE my guys to wear safety glasses. Some worry more about style than they do protection. If they want to wear "style" I make them prove they are rated as safety glasses.
    Part of our initial hire on is a safety sheet that each worker must read and sign. It is stated that caught without glasses is justification for dismissal.
    I don't want to be responsible for unnecessary eye damage to anyone!!!

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

My eyes felt the best this morning they have felt in my 40+ years of working in extremely dusty conditions farming and cutting grass. I used the Uvex Spoggle's yesterday and I would rate them a 10 on no fogging, no scratching, clearness of vision, comfort of wearing, relaxing of eyes in the sun with the gray tint and UV protection and no dust came into the goggles at all and this is a first for me. Normally I have to flush my eyes with saline and they will still feel bad the next day, but they feel like they have been in no dust at all today, it is great.

I realize you boy's that still enter beauty contest don't want these on your face while performing but I am getting to old to worry about that anymore, my last beauty contest was about 30 years ago and I lost anyway.

The positive side is you will be able to see the good looking women a lot farther into life than if you let something destroy your eyes, excuse me ladies, the good looking men also.

6. Foot29

Foot29 LawnSite Member

NOt matter what always use eye protection, you only have one set of eyes.. lol

7. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear motocross goggles when I mow.

8. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i am getting some of these
    [​IMG]

Polycarbonate protection: The polycarbonate lenses offer such exceptional impact resistance that our Classics can withstand the impact of a .22 caliber bullet fired from just ten feet away.

9. HLM86

HLM86 LawnSite Member

Can you give more info on these, like where to get them and price? Thanks.

10. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

they are called gargoyles and any sunglass store sells them.
    ps dale sr use to wear them also.