eyelets on trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, May 18, 2001.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Can the eyelets on echo trimmer heads be changed ?
    The head still works fine and I have a couple of spools so this would be the best route if possible.

thanks.

jeffyr

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an echo trimmer and the eyelets went bad and the dealer didn`t have the eyelets, so I had to buy the head(I think they did that so you have to spend more money. I went to another dealer to purchase something else and inquired about the eyelets and he had them,check around, someone might have them.:blob3:

3. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Just support your dealer. For $22.00 out the door you have a spare head. Would you spend 20 minutes getting $1.00 worth of parts to fix an old torn up broken sprinkler head for your customer or would you sell them a new one?

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Curlawngreen,

Yes I would. I just got a price from my dealer for a "clutch assembly" for my Echo Hedge Trimmer for $30. All I need is the 2 return springs. Dealer says they don't sell just the springs. My soultion was to go to the Chevrolet dealer and buy 2 counter weight springs for a distributor for about 2.00, now my problem is solved.

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I dont think the eyelets on the rapidfire or bumpfeed heads can be replaced.

Today I bought some new eyelets for our manual feed heads. The cost was a $1.08 before taxes. The new assembly was $17.99. Bought a 10 pack of eyelets and a new head to boot.

If it will cost you more in travel time (over 5 minutes) to get the eyelets, then I would just replace the heads.

Kris

6. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

I replaced the eyelets on my full auto Shindaiwa head. I think it cost about $3.00 for a pair.

7. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I keep small parts in a plastic box with compartments. Eyelets, buttons, springs, spark plug, and hardware. I also keep a spare trimmer head, but why change it out over a $.15 part?

8. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

If the eyelet is that worn the plastic clutch is about to start letting out extra string when you bump the head.Just get it over replace the head.