Ez dump install

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ben's Landscape, Mar 13, 2011.

1. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea that would be a good way. just keep the chain lengths the same so it sit level and you should be good. I saw in another post Ben that the chrome is pitted on the cylinder. It might be cheaper to just get it rechromed because I own a hydraulic business and depending on cylinder size its not that expensive you should check it out.

2. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

yea my friend came up with an even better idea take the dump body off of the frame and line up the frame good and you can move it by hand then put the body back onto it.

With the cylinder it wasnt the crome that was pitted after all it was the inside of the pistion the cylinder wall that has a score in it. i am going to try and stone it out and get it as good as i can and put a new seal kit into it and see what happens. i ordered the seals yesterday they should be in tommorrow. i know that the piston may leak a little bit but i am hoping that it will be ok. a new piston they want 400 for it and i am going to try and buy time and then replace it if i have to. what fluid should i put into it because i was going to drain the whole pump and put all new fluid into it when the piston goes on.

3. streetscrapin16

I usually get my hydraulic fluid from Tractor supply. I get the Traveller All Season ISO 46. I buy it in 5 gal buckets so it cheaper.

4. Ben's Landscape

ok thanks i have to go there anyways tommorrow. also my dad is a machinest and he thinks he can stone that score out good idea?

5. streetscrapin16

It might work never did it. Most of my customers are big corporations so they just want new parts so it lasts.

6. Ben's Landscape

ah ok yeah im going to gamble the 50 dollars to buy the kit and see what happens if it works good them im good haha. but worst case i buy the piston they want 400 for it

7. streetscrapin16

Can you send me the link for the piston you need? I know some guys the make them.

8. Ben's Landscape

sure can you pm me your email address and i will send you a pic of it? only because for some reason lawnsite will not let me upload the pics of it thanks.