ez dump or this

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by executive property maintenance, Feb 2, 2008.

1. executive property maintenance

executive property maintenance LawnSite Member

a new ez dump is 2400 even used is atleast a grand but i found this thing for a grand new is it just as good not as good anyone have experience? i think if you google pierce sales pickup truck you can see spec and price im looking at the 6'

44_2.jpg

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would like to hear some opinions on this as well. I have been thinking about a conversion dump bed.

3. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i was told you can't have a dump on a pickup and pull a trailer you can't both. we use a easyloader on our pickup and it works great. and costs around $200 www.loadhandler.com

4. lawnscapesLLC

lawnscapesLLC LawnSite Member

Lowrider guys have been doing it for years. :) I like it as well and would love to hear if people have done it and what they think.

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

How well does the dragsheet hold up? Do you ever have problems with the dragsheet sliding out from under debris and not unloading it?

6. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i tryed installing one from nothern tool and i got the bed off and nothing fit! man was i p!ssed. yes it is true you cant tow if you install one of these because you weld the bumper and bed to a bracket. if you want a dumper get an insert. btw this was on a f250 shortbox

7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the ez dumper I used the load handler for years and it sucked. Worked well for grass and stone but would lock behind the wheel wells if it got packed back there. It would not do leaves either it would roll right underneath. I like the ez dumper works very well.

8. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

i don't see a problem with towing as long as you use an actual tow hitch (like drawtite) that mounts to the frame. the thing i don't like about that is if you ever get a new truck you will probably have to get a new dump as well. with the ez dumper it's as simple as unbolting it and bolting it into your new truck. sounds like a good deal though as long as you are going to keep you're truck for the long haul.

9. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

the bumper doesnt clear the receiver with the bed up.

10. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

How does the loadhandler work with mulch??? I have been looking at a dump lately also but it really sin't in the budget this year. I have seen the loadhandler being used but never had a chance to talk with the company that was using it. My main use for it would be mulch.