ez-dumper / cargomate dumper

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lazerslicer05, Apr 5, 2006.

1. lazerslicer05

lazerslicer05 LawnSite Member

I was looking to buy a ez-dumper or a cargomate dump insert and was wondering if any one has one or the other or in general how they like them. I was even wondering if they lift well with a full load any info would be appreciated. (Oh by the way i was getting a steel one.) Thanks

2. RLSLandscaping

RLSLandscaping LawnSite Member

was looking for some info also...in my research talking to mechanics and guys in the business they pointed out a few things...(a)weight (b) truck
    (c) intentions for use...if you got an F-250 or something then put a 900lb insert what have you got left? some mulch sure...if u need to haul sand, rock, soil, etc...you would have to carry even less than if u had no insert...too limited...if you just want to increase space for leaves and grass I think an insert is perfect for around 2,200$ can't go wrong, build up the sides it'd work out great! I am now looking into F-350 1-ton dumps. after battling indecision for a couple years I know that's what I need...perfect all round truck...they are under $30,000 new

3. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

I have an EZ dumper in my 02 F350, and it works great. I would never go without one again. It dumps easy with 2 yds of mulch. The guy I bought it from said with sides on it, it will dump 5 yds...clacks a little but it will dump.

4. lazerslicer05

lazerslicer05 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response... You said that it clanked with a few yards of much but how much topsoil cn u put in it and have the lift work still....

Again thanks for the input!

5. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

in dec i paid $30,200 out the door for a 2005 3500 chevy one ton dump. 4x4 brand new

dually on the rear with an 8foot rugby dump box plow prep, wired for brakes

it will allow you to do a lot more

she doesnt even grunt with a cord of fire wood in her