EZ-Dumper...Hw in the heck do I get it out of my truck?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Nov 11, 2000.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just purchased a Snow-ex Pivot Pro Tailgate salter and in order to install it i have to remove my EZ-dumper out of my bed to allow the salter to fit flush accross the back of my bed. I have rented a outdoor storage site where i will be storing the EZ-dump and my trailer for the winter. I need some help on how to get it off, i do now have access to a fork lift so that is out of the question. I know a few people have had to have ran into this problem before so any help would be appreciated.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you get some Rail Road ties or simular beams you can back up under them and get a comalong and pick it up like we do to our sanders, works good. All you do is make 2 a-frames with beams and another hooking both a frames together lift up with winch or comalong.

3. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

easy dump has a tailgate that goes on the easy dump for salting !!!!!!!!look in to it call the company and return thge other one

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

we priced the tailgate spreaders for EZ Dumper they are $2800.00 you can buy a whole spreader for that plus as you get empty you have to lift tha EZ Dumper up and can catch low limbs and lines. We where looking into this purchase but the cost and the tilting of dumper decided not to go though that. A new 2yard hopper sells for $2000plus and get more bang for the buck.

5. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

He's talking about a hopper spreader that hangs on the tailgate, not an under tailgate spreader.

6. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

try sliding it off your truck onto your trailer.just as long as you don't have any racks in the front of the trailer.

7. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

When I removed mine (three times) just enlist the help of at least two others.
    1-remove all fasteners, wires and the dump release handle.
    2-prepare a place for it to set. A couple of 4x4 laid cross ways.
    3-Slide the unit out to the pivot point then genly lay the end down.
    4-pull the truck out from under the unit while your hel holds the front up. I have done this step with a hyd. jack and some wood but don't reccommend.
    5-lay it down,protect the electrical connections and make sure it drains water.

8. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

DIDO WITH GETMOW
    ON YOUR DUMP INSERT MAKE SURE YOU TIE THE DUMP BED TO THE DUMP BED FRAME WHEN HANDLEING IT. SIX GUYS CAN INSTALL ONE AND REMOVE ONE NO PROBLEM.
    ANTHONY

9. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

just pull up to a steep driveway . Then disable all the clamps . Then put it into four wheel drive and put it into nuetral. Make sure theres something for it to land on like a sleeping bag or a kids pool. Ok now let the engine roar in nuetral and put your truck in drive while its reving at 8000 million rpms and quickly put it into drive. OK, Now look back and see the results. You can see better if you get out and look but if it doesent come out fully then tie it to your home. Dont worry you can always visit my site and see how i did it.

Bdemir@cut grass.com

just kidding this is just a joke.
    repeat dont try this at home.

hehehe

I dont mean to ridicule just having a little fun

10. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Buil yourself a deck out of old pallets. Put a sheet of plywood on the top. MAke the height of the deck the same height as the floor of your truck bed.

Unbolt the dump insert, and jack it up a bit ans slide a few lengths of 1" steel pipe under it. Lay a few moe lengths of pipe behind the truck bed.

Slide the insert off onto the deck, and they you can slide it back into the truck bed when needed. I did this with a 1000# truck bed one time.

I would heed the advice of rats and get the replacement tailgate salter for the insert. They are easy to put on and off, and you can use bulk salt. The added cost will be made up with the use if bulk salt, and the time not spent fiddling with bags will pay for the unit.

Jwengerd likes this.