1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

EZ dumper or Dump truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TJBlandscaping, Jan 16, 2010.

1. TJBlandscaping

TJBlandscaping LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy another truck because my 07 Chevy has over 80,000 miles already and looking to get a dump or another pick up and put a dump insert in it. I don't do a lot of commercial right now but will be trying to this up and coming year. I am just trying to find out some info on the insert.

2. MerlinConstruct

MerlinConstruct LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I've never owned an insert but I've seen a lot of them around. The biggest beefs I have with inserts are #1 it limits bed space and #2 I always see rust stains down the outside of the bed when people have inserts.

I don't know if that is manufacturer specific but that is not appealing to me.

3. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Personaly i would keep the old truck and put an insert in it. They beat the hell out of the truck so why destroy a new one. jmo

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

thats what i was thinking

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Man 80,000 miles is nothing. One of my trucks that runs everyday has 181,000 miles. Just keep up on maintenance and your truck will last. Don't buy a new one unless you want to run two crews.