EZ Dumper stuck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnFactory, Jul 5, 2005.

1. LawnFactory

LawnFactory LawnSite Member

Hello all, I think I killed my EZ Dumper. I was dumping today about 10 loads of loam. During the last load , the Dumper got stuck in the up position. Any help on this, i cannot find a reset .

2. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Shake the dump while holding the down button. You might have to drive foward and jamb on the brakes.

3. StealthDT

StealthDT LawnSite Member

Can you hear the down solinoid coil clicking? Might be a corroded wire on the pump unit, or a bad switch in the remote. An automotive test light will indicate if you've got power, check the ground wire off the solinoid also. Make sure you prop the bed up before working under it.

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i'm going to BUMP up that last line again..
    Make sure you prop the bed up before working under it

5. LawnFactory

thanks for all the input. It ended up being the solinoid. I replaced the original one with NAPA one, as per the recomendation from EZ Dumper. Now it works again. A good thing, no more shoveling.

6. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I don't like the solenoid location. What happens if it breaks in the down position? Kinda hard to work on.

7. LawnFactory

I agree with you on the solinoid location. If it gets stuck in the down position, then you have to lift it up with a loader or something like that.