EZ Hitch

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by dave k, Oct 27, 2006.

1. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure how many people know about this, but I use it and it help a ton! EZ Hitch. Just passing info on, there are others but I liked this best.
    It helps in aligning truck to trailer.
    Dave

2. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any pics please

3. dave k

Lawnsmith, here is their website, this works very good.
    www.ezhitch.biz/home Hope it can help you too. Dave

4. dave k

5. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

Wow that must work great if you are hooking up by yourself.

6. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

You can get that at Bass Pro Shop for about the same price:cool2:

7. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great, I ordered one as soon as I saw it. I have to hitch a 6x12 utility trailer behind a F250 cc long bed with camper top so cannot see anything there, and my wife cannot guide me in lining up the hitch. Got to h elp.

Jeff

8. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I found one similar to this for $20 at a local discount store. It is one piece and made of heavy steel and just goes under the ball like a washer. I have used trailers for years and would not be without this device...

9. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Got one. It's great, I just make sure trailer tongue is high enough to clear ball and not go over ez hitch. Also stand a telescoping radio antenna with magnetic base and tennis ball on tongue so I can aim truck properly. Hitching is now a one person cinch for me. I wish I had this years ago, worth more than the price for me as I do not use trailer that much and was not very proficient at lineing up blind!!!

10. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yep, money well spent! A note on the backing that may help you. If you can see your trailer in both rear side mirrors at the same time (fenders or tires) just back up with equal amounts in each mirror and bingo your centered. If the trailer is narrower than the truck this is not as easily done...