EZ Reacher Pick up Tool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Dec 22, 2004.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Anyone carry an EZ Reacher Pick up Tool on their mower to pick up trash? If so, any ideas on how to mount one to the mower?

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

EZ Reachers are the ones with the big plastic claws I think? Hated those, tips always fell of and weren't designed good. There were better ones made out of aluminum and plastic by a company out of Pikes Peak COlorado, I think their name is Peak Industries and the product is called a Park Patrol. We made a little rack that sat hind the seat to carry ours and had a small bucket to put the trash in. Should mention though that the ParkPatrol tools do have a much smaller opening but we normaly just picked up paper, bottles and cans.

3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

There is an ez-reach on all the ztr's (60" model). Love them. We use the metal clips designed to hold flashlights to keep them on the ztr's.

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I like the ones with round suction cups on the ends. My local Ace hardware sells a cheap brand for around $5. They work great, but can bend easy if you get them caught between the steering lever and frame.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 1/4 '' rod that is about 44'' long that i heated and bent so it has a handle on it and then took the other end and ground it to a point to stab cans and paper with. I dont have the ROPS on my tiger cub and the mounting holes for it is where i slide the rod in when im not using it. On bottles i can stick the rod in it and pick them up. It was just a piece of scrap I had. Even if you had to buy it you probably have less than 5 bux in it

6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought another folding one today. Shopping at Big Lots and found them for $3.99.

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I bet that is the same one I use. Ace sells them for a lttle higher, but they run specials all the time for the $3.99 price. I buy several at a time.

Did your's come in a grey wedge shaped box and have a red handle?

8. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Mine's got the suction cups. Don't remember where I got them. They'er blue and fold in the middle. I just lay them at my feet on the ZTR. Love them, work great.

9. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Just mow over the trash and suck it up with a bagger.

JK'ing

10. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnchoice, I wish you worked in my area. I could use a few new jobs next year. My E-Z reach sits between my legs on my Toro Z master. Have a Groundsmaster Bag that hangs behind the seat. Would not go on a lawn without them!