ez ride sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Jan 28, 2007.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

That is the first I have ever heard of that sulky. Watched the video...pretty slick. Not sure I like just one wheel though.

3. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I agree its an awesome design but I have never been a fan of the one wheeled.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I too would never rethink the one-wheeled design. The line down the middle of the mowing pass was enough for me to give up the one-wheeled Velke I had a few seasons ago.

I would question the reversing motion shown on the video. With slack in the tow bar and in the latching mechanism for the wheel, the tire will not be tracking straight backward. Therefore, any backward motion undoubtedly would be done with the wheel in a craw-like fashion. Further, to make the step-on latch work, the wheel would have to be positioned properly. The work to get the machine headed properly for the wheel to be in the right position for latching would be unruly. I would rather jump off while the wheel is out of alignment with the machine, back up, move forward and jump back on. The video shows the reversing in an uncharacteristic maching/sulky relationship.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I thought the EZ Ride sulky is nice !!