EZ roller questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Oct 17, 2007.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone out there have an EZ roller? My Toro zero turns all have the Toro striping kits installed on them but they just aren't durable enough. I am constantly ordering parts to keep the rollers functionable. I have been looking at the EZ roller a lot and wonder if the simplicity of it is what I need. The price is right as for as I am concerned. Here is a link for those not aware of the product.
    http://www.ezchute.com/ezroller.htm

2. digsahole

digsahole LawnSite Member

I Have The EZ Roller For My Toro z turn and love it it is very beefy and is holding up very well.

3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The best roller I have seen is Scag's striping roller for their ztrs. I wish it would fit walkbehinds, including other brands. I'll bet it could easily be made to fit. You can see them on scag's website.

4. HazellLawnCare

Are there any other members out there with the EZ Roller?

5. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

I just got one a week ago for my exmark. It's not to bad. I wish there were some kind of spring loaded thing on it like the scag. It does lay down a nice stripe, even though the exmark already had a pretty nice stripe without any kit.

6. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

7. HazellLawnCare

Does anyone else have any input on these rollers? I am going to order a couple of them if there are no real negatives.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have the EZ Roller, but do have experience with exmark's roller.

To me it seems somewhat similar to the exmark kit, and I don't care for the exmark kit.

I could be wrong though because it's hard to tell.

Personally though, even if it is way better than the exmark kit, I still wouldn't pay $229 for it.
    Why?... because you can build as good (probably better) for a fraction of the cost (15-20%) and a little investment in time.

9. HazellLawnCare

The EZRollers are on my mowers and I am pleased with how they are built. I will get some pics soon.