1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

EZ Trencher

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by KD'sLawns, Aug 13, 2001.

1. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone has used an EZ Trencher in the past for trenching sprinklers? I am looking into buying a trencher and I just received a brochure on EZ Trenchers.

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an older one that I use for bed edging and it's great. I also bought the trenching blade to supplement my big equipment in small areas and I only used it once. I don't think there that good for trenching but maybe the new ones are better.

I wouldn't buy without a demo under the conditions you'll work under. Maybe renting a good machine if you don't trench often would be money better spent.

3. Tropical Trim

Tropical Trim LawnSite Member

We have a older E-Z trencher that we use for irrigation. So far its been a great machine with the 5.5 Honda. I believe there is another company that makes a trencher with the same features as the E-Z trencher but comes with a 8.0 Honda and I believe you have a greater selection of blades. I think its made by Brown Manufacturing. When I first saw this machine and held its handle bars, I remember telling myself if I would ever purchase another blade type trenching equiptment I was going to make it a point to investigate more on the Brown trencher. Hope this helps!