F-150 bed space

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MartinsMowing, Oct 9, 2006.

1. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

can anyone tell me what the length of a 48 or 52 wb, front of caster to rear of drive tires...or has anyone fit a 48, quick 36, and 21 in a f150, 8ft bed? thanks

2. VMcNeill

VMcNeill LawnSite Member

There was a thread here about a guy who fit a quick 36 and a 21 inch machine in his ford ranger. Truthfully one of the nicest setups I've seen here.

3. MartinsMowing

umm..yeah... i saw that thread...problem is...thats a ranger

4. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

i think if your gonna get a 48 or 52 it would be worth the money to buy a cheap trailer......im almost postive i could get my 52 bunton wb, 33 billy goat and push mower in the back of my truck but when you could get a trailer with plates for like 600 its not worth it too drop .....just my 2 cents

5. VMcNeill

VMcNeill LawnSite Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isin't a ranger smaller than an f150?

6. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

I have an 05 f150 with regular size bed and I fit a 21" and my quick 36 in fine... I think you could possibly get a 48 up there but you wouldnt be able to get it between the wheel base, so youd have to leave the tailgate down. My setup is similar to the other guys but i just have 2 ramps. hope that helps

7. MartinsMowing

yeah, a ranger is smaller than an f 150, i just couldent figure how your post had anything to do with mine.That was a nice setup though, i agree. but i was asking if i could fit a 48, quick 36 and 21 in a f150, not sure how the ranger fits in there?

8. MartinsMowing

thanks mc, i was thinking of putting the 48 in first so the deck would sit infront of the wheel wells, the 36 between wells and 21 behind that. not sure where ill put the gas cans, maybe ill fab up a rack that goes into the hitch. thanks for the idea.

9. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

if you arent solo you may wanna consider buying 2 quick 36's if you like them enough. obviously the only reason for doin so would be if you could fit them both in together. with the 21" turned sideways up against the cab and the quick 36 straight in theres a good foot or so of room.

10. VMcNeill

VMcNeill LawnSite Member

I'm sorry I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant a 48" or a quick 36 and a 21". If you manage it please take some pictures I would like to see it.