1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

F-150 raptor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Belgium, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

Maybe this is a weird question but i really like the ford raptor. I would be used a towing vehicle but i also wanna use it as my personal vehicle. You think the ford is suited to tow a 12x6 trailer (7700lbs)? And now the weird part :) woul i be able to plow with it? Thanks for not laughing :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't want to tow 7700 pounds with an F150, plowing would be ok.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Keep the Raptor as a personal truck. It's too nice of a truck to beat it up :)
  4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

with those speciality shocks/springs on the front I'd think it wouldn't like the weight of a plow off the front
  5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Find an old f250 for work and keep the new one nice and clean.
  6. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't think the gearing in the rear end, or the transmission would hold up to towing or plowing.

Most Pickups=Work truck, eventually
  7. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice guy. Only problem is over here in belgium we don't have any old trucks.The only truvks you can find are some new f-150', dodge ram 1500's,silverado, sierra. No 2500's and certainly no 3500's :s
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Deori

Deori LawnSite Member

I was in several countries in western Europe last summer. Closest to Belgium I made it was The Netherlands. I would randomly, very rarely, see an American truck over there and man do they stick out like a sore thumb lol. I don't know about Belgium but I did see a big, fairly new, crew cab Dodge diesel in Holland, was a 2500 or 3500. Had to stop and watch it tear down the road, taking up both lanes lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Wow this site has some reach huh? I wouldnt beat up that thing either. They are cool but look a bit juvenile to me..... Id still have one though.
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I'd buy a Tundra over that truck anyway...
    Posted via Mobile Device