F-150 raptor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Belgium, Aug 8, 2012.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

tundra, would you get the turd package?

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I would, limited baby!

150k on my supercharged Tacoma 4x4 and I have about $200 dollars in non routine maintenance. Alternator bearings (from muddin'), two coil packs that ended up not being bad.

Plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, belts, front pads, oil and fuel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  3. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

To me they look like a mean, mean machine :) could be because i'm only 25 years old lol :D . Over here most of the usa trucks are 1500/f-150. Wouldn't know where to buy a heavier one except if i would be importing one straight from the usa which is almost impossible due to stupid laws :( Woul a tundra hold up plowing/towing or what other one would you guys advice me in the 1500/f150 range? My ultimate dream is a ford f-550 with fifth wheel trailer but nearly impossible to get such a combination on the road over here :-(
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

i dont understand. your country doesnt have trucks...?

5. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

Bad news, OP was hung by his government for talking ****

6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

your in belgium and wanna buy a raptor, Is that even possible? if it is, gas is like 7.50/gallon over there and wouldnt even be practical.

I call shenanigans on this post:nono::nono:

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

My son, who is a certified Ford mechanic, says to stay away from the Raptor. He says it is a way overpriced, underperforming waste of money. All looks, no performance.

8. treysoucie

treysoucie LawnSite Member
    from houston

the raptor is junk. The frame buckles under light baja type offroading (which this was designed for). If you want a half ton, look at the Tundra. 7700lbs is a good payload. I would look at getting a 94-96 dodge cummins 12 valve.

9. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I would hold out and get one of the new 150 diesel trucks. Diesel has to be cheaper over there, and the new ford looks sweet on the specs. I think dodge is spitting one out real quick, and toyota should have one next year...
    I just scored a brand new 2012 2500 4 Door dodge diesel 4x4 for $35000 Saturday :) started getting my add ons today for it. I will post pics when I finish building it

10. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Lol gas is quite expensive over here but over here we convert them to lpg which is quite cheap (cheaper than diesel). We do have trucks over here but most of them are 1500 and sometimes you see a 2500 but those are quite expensive (at least $75000). What we use mostly are vans like mercedes sprinters, npr's, iveco,... Or toyota land cruisers, nissan patrols, land rover defender, sometimes even a range rover :)
    Posted via Mobile Device