F-150 raptor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Belgium, Aug 8, 2012.

1. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

hahaha.. i had to be the first to laugh.. that would be a HUGE NO to the Raptor plowing or towing.. it wasn't designed to do either.. Ford specifically says it cannot do this! and what the heck are you towing on a 6x12 trailer that weighs 7700lbs.. maybe some conversions are getting screwed up here.. they don't make a 6x12 trailer anywhere in the world that can hold that weight.. surely someone over there already plows and tows trailers.. use what they have

2. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Lol 7716 lbs is 3500 kg right? And 6ft x 12 ft is 1.83 metres x 3.65 metres right? At least i think that's right? The trailer gets used to transport a mini excavator of 2.5 tonnes (metric system) and things like a tractor,... And other guys around here use real trucks like man, mercedes,... or heavy tractors like fendt, deutz, john deere, new holland,... Those are way too expensive to use for snowplowing my clients driveways or small parking lots. We don't have that much snow fall in a year so not a lot of companies offer this servie to their clients.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

You're serious?
    :laugh:

4. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

Can you post a picture of the trailer and equipment you want to tow?

5. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

If I am going to spend that kind of change on a truck you can bet your ass I'm going to tow something with it eventually. I see guys towing all the time with Raptors, probably not 7k consistently but still.

6. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

If you search for a topic "my new trailer", you'll find te pics. That trailer has to haul a mini excavator sometimes and i would love to do the towing in a safe way. So no raptor?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

It is a city street truck.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I thought every Euro guy drove a Unimog.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Silver Member

Its def not a work truck... beat up an older one!

you wont feel as bad when you scratch it!!!! :)

10. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Lol i wish that was true :D we usually drive mercedes sprinter/iveco/npr, canter, cabstar,...
    Posted via Mobile Device