F150 v6 spray tank size???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Kernie, May 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I said it could handle it, not abuse it.

They are rated as a 1/2 ton but more like a 1 ton in reality.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

With add a leaf it would handle it fine and it would not abuse it. I have add a leafs on both my Tacos...I've hauled 1 cubic yard of topdressing sand in them...now that did sag the springs, but it handled the load just fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I went to get some decomp granite. I wanted a yard but the guy just filled the bed to where it was mounded. I drove 20 Miles per hour with the front wheels barely touching the ground. I never did that again.

There was well over 1 ton of materials in that truck.

4. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

An easy solution:
    http://www.liquidsurgecontrol.com/

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I know a guy who rolled his huge hydroseed truck--expensive mistake. However, I am guessing the floating baffles would not be suited if you have paddle agitation.

The website didn't say whether or not they would fit through an 8 inch fillwell.

Interesting idea...would about 50 wiffle balls work? Or 100 rubber ducks? How about 150 golf practice balls? Anybody try one of these systems--what was your experience? Was driving easier and safer?

7. the_bug_guy

the_bug_guy LawnSite Member

My partner used an f150 for years with a 200 gal. Sprayer.... he went thrum front tires left and right and brake job latex about 20000 miles. He rode on the rims when full till after his first stop. I use a 1 ton flat bed with a 300 gal main tank and a 65 gal shrub tank 3 back packs two boxes filled with spill kits and dot required stuff. If both my tanks are full I exceed weight limits at the scale

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yep I am guilty of OVER LOAD big time. I have a Cab Over Lawn Truck But I needed a Structural PC Truck and found one from a friend. Power every thing with a after market sound system etc. But it was only a 1/2 ton. Throwing a fast set up together using old equipment I use a 325 gallon tank I got for free. The truck springs won't hold 325 gallon, so I only fill it 200 gallons. Yes a lot of slosh.