F250 Mowing Bed that fits 2 walkbehinds.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Dec 9, 2007.

1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Ok Guys this is a bolt on bed. I made it for my 99 f250. It will fit a 99 -2004 f250 and f350 chassis. This is made for a single rear wheel truck. Im unsure if it will fit a dually.

I built it for about $3000.00 and it keep the trailer hitch operational and that was why it does not have a dove tail. Here is a picture of it. We run 3 trimmers 2 blowers, 1 push mower 1 5 gallon gas, 1 5 gallon mix, 1 36 and 1 48 walkbehinds.

I will also sell the truck and body if someone is interested as we need a larger dump truck to replace it.

[​IMG]

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I like it a lot ....but why did it cost so much?

3. CrewCutEnterprises

Well price of steel, paying someone to weld it, welding supplies, ox and ac for the torch, drill bits, cutting wheels etc.

Yea Its process to build anythin out of steel

4. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

my dad owns a large fence company in Memphis TN and according to his suppliers steel ha increased by 335% in the last 4 yrs it is ridiculus what it cost. he can build a 6ft wood privacy fence cheaper than a 3ft chain link. that and hiring out the welding. but all in all not a bad price for today's market.........oh yeah i really like that set up also would look good with some under mount tool boxes.

Jason

5. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That is very neat. The question is how easy do those gates fold up. I see you have a spring assist and its divided in two but is it hard to lift?

7. CrewCutEnterprises

I built it after the just mow it trucks.

Also. The gates are heavy. I was going to go with just ramps and then I Figured people would dropp the mowers off the ramps so we did a full gate. Well they still somhow fliped a walkbehind off the ramp. Go figure. You cant even idiot proof stuff anymore.

There is a tool box on it now. that pic is a year old. Only problem we have had is how heavy the gates are but I thought to rebuild them out of alum but wow that was some $$$

Also in my signature click CUSTOM FLATBED, it will take you to a pic by pic build of the body

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Did you get Shaw's to build it or do it yourself?

10. CrewCutEnterprises

Ahh Donald Shaw, nah I did it myself and with a buddy using a miller 251 welder. Went pretty good. Took a month. :)