f250 necessary?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by augs dad, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

If you do decide to go with the F-150, upgrade the suspension as much as you can, add an extra leaf, or install airbags. They would certainly help.
  2. augs dad

augs dad LawnSite Member

THANKS to all of you for the feedback!

Will probably do the f150...some of you touted the v6 for effciency and less wear on the drive train...my preference is the v8 but what do I know....your thoughts? thanks much
  3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

JayI would go for a F350 4x4. The reasons being, it is heavy duty. You will probably get a tow package on any 350 you find, meaning you alredy have an aux trans cooler, that will increase the transmission life. It will handle anything you throw in the box, and I really mean anything. Not that I reccomend overloading, but have had it happen to me without my notice. I think your resale will be higher, though it will cost a bit more upfront. I say a 350 instead of a 250 because of the TTB front ends. The 250 could have problems with front end sag, and bad tire where, while the 350 is a monobeam axle, and will not have the same problems. That is on the 4x4, otherwise all have a non monobeam set up. IMO, go with more then you think you will need, then you will not be mad later you did not get the beefier truck.
    Have fun shopping :p