F350 Landscape Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by zwhit81, Nov 26, 2013.

1. zwhit81

zwhit81 LawnSite Member

I am interested in putting a landscape bed onto a F350 with duals. I would be hauling a 48" Ferris ZTR and a 52" Ferris ZTR. Would this be feasible? I have a lot of yards that it is a challenge to haul around a 14ft trailer and looking for something more practicle. I dont want a traditional landscape truck because I would be using the 350 for other things besides my landscape business. So...will it work?

2. MasScape

MasScape LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of weight with the dove tail bed and mowers for a f350. I wouldnt. If you were talking about a f450 or larger than I would see it. Just my 2 cents
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

What's the payload on that truck, around 4-4.5k? And your mowers probobly weigh in around 2-2.5k?

Depends on how you build the body. I personally have thought about doing this, it's a great idea if the math works.

4. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Im with mas. I think with the weight of the mowers, the landscape bed itself, and a dovetail ramp you will be overweight. If you had something like a 4 or 550 there would be no problem. With a 350, I suppose it is possible, but probably very close, if not overweight.

5. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

The idea sounds awesome, I don't know what the weight limits are on a 350 dually though.

6. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

A 350 drw is 7000 lb payload, no way can he overload it with 2 mowers
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

7k payload ! really

The GVWR is between 11k and 12k ? truck weights 8k empty ? 4k left for fuel passengers and load in bed

8. Triple L

Why don't you go on ford website before you say anything.....
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

You sure about this? 7k is the payload on my dump trailer....I went with a trailer instead of a truck because the only way I could get that kind of payload in a truck was with a 550 class.

10. Triple L