1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

F350 Landscape Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by zwhit81, Nov 26, 2013.

1. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Silver Member

All the isuzu NPR trucks with rampbodies that i see all over the place around here, have crazy low gvwr of 12000lbs. NPR HD trucks are14500gvwr. Makes no sense to me.

2. MasScape

MasScape LawnSite Senior Member

Even if you stay somehow within legal weight that is still maxing the truck day in and day put. That is just asking for issues. Just my 2 cents
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Those cabovers are extremely lightweight.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. chaseh03

chaseh03 LawnSite Member

I have a '97 f-350 Dually with a 17' landscape body including dovetail. I haul a 60" Lazer, 36" Metro, 21" Commercial, blowers, trimmers & misc. tools daily. No problems to this day, but I do want to upgrade to an NPR eventually for company image reasons.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

17'? Good Lord, what's the wheelbase on that thing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I feel that a 1 ton+ (350/450/550) truck is designed to haul it's limit day in and out. Around here with the mining industry you see 1 ton duals loaded with parts and equipment daily, along with 1 ton trucks with bed mount cranes that probably weigh at least a ton by themselves.

We purchased one of our trucks used, by a gentleman that hauled feed from Mt. Airy, NC to WV daily. It's an '04 duramax 1 ton dually w/overload springs and he still had weigh receipts averaging between 3~3.5 tons in the bed. Granted like I said it's got overload springs, but it also has a 7.5x9 aluminum bed. The thing is still a beast and the front end is great, rear end too... Only thing we've done is pads/rotors.

7. chaseh03

chaseh03 LawnSite Member

17' including the 4' dovetail
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Silver Member

So if you don't know what (WB) wheelbase means, how about a picture. I'd like to know the CA measurement- Back of the Cab to the rear axle center. Just wondering if the front wheels come off the ground when you hit a bump in the road.