1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

f350 powerstroke

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by C4chris70, Aug 21, 2004.

1. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a F350 Powerstroke diesel at a car lot that I think would be great for pulling my trailer, but was wondering if the mileage was too high. The truck is a 95 crew cab long bed, leather interior, looks really clean and has 219,000 miles. Selling price is $6550.
    Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 1995 F-350 PSD as well with about 230K on it. Runs like there is no tomorrow. $6550 is a great price IMO. It will go at least another 150K or more. I'd buy it in a hearbeat...good luck.
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

My opion is thats alot of miles. It will start having lots of problems, even if the motor will run for another 100K miles. Transmission, brakes, steering,cooling system,and every other system or component on the engine. I would pass on it myself.
  4. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Why not look for an Isuzu NPR for around $10k? You could find one with a box or put a Landscape Body on it. Then you would have a really functional vehicle. By the way, the turning radius on the Isuzu is less than that PSD.
  5. DEA

DEA LawnSite Member