Fabricated Leaf Plow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Mar 19, 2007.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I Fabricated a Leaf Plow for my zero turn. Here are the pics and a link to a video. I have yet to test it on leaves however.

I still have to put some rubber on the bottom edge of the plow.

The plow is 6' wide and 3' tall. The wings are 2'.

Here is the video of it. I just uploaded it so it might take some time to make it up there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3foVFNTURD8

100_1044a.jpg

100_1045a.jpg

100_1046a.JPG

0117071953aa.jpg

2. stevesmowing

Here is the inital design I drew up on the computer. A few things changed from it but not much.

inventor1.jpg

inventor2.jpg

3. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great.....I could'nt get the vid to load.......let us know how it works come laef season.....

4. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Nice fab job. Looks pretty wide, you could probably get a lot of leaves pushin' w/ that!

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I think you will find it being to big. Trying to see with that and all the leaves is going to be a chalenge. Good design. but I think in trial you will want to scale it back a bit. mayby make it 3/4 size. Just from experience you will find your z will only push so much before it will go over the leaves and mash them down. Now I have never owned a z as of yet but have a guy that we tag team accounts durring leaf season and he has a z with a set up kinda like yours with out the wheels. works well till you hit a point and up and over you go.

6. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I just checked out your shop pics thread, and saw your 'work in progress' before it was done. Looks nice, let us know how it works when ever you get to try it out.

7. green horizons

green horizons LawnSite Member
    from zone 5

Damn that thing is big! The fab work looks very impressive. Total complements on your work. Will it be quick/easy to hook/unhook? Will weight be an issue? Did I say nice fabrication work??

8. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

nice job on the build, you might want to try puting some tines along with the rubber to help move the leave easier.. Great job though it looks like its gonna move some serious leaves!!!

9. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Looks GOOD, let us know how it WORKS

10. stevesmowing

I still have to work on that a little bit. Right now there is square stock that slides into and gets pinned inside other square stock. It is a tight fit to avoid play. I might have to make it looser and pin it on 2 axis and not just from one side.