Fabricating my own trailer cage

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by J & D Greens, Apr 16, 2009.

1. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have finally started on my tool cage for my trailer. (I built my drop gate last season and posted some photo's of it in some one else's thread a few weeks ago) I am building since my trailer is home made and smaller than the regular 4x8's or any other regular measurement. Here are some Photo's of it so far.

trailer cage 001.jpg

trailer cage 002.jpg

trailer cage 005.jpg

trailer cage 006.jpg

trailer cage 007.jpg
  2. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

it looks like you might need a bigger trailer that a real small trailer
  3. J & D Greens

That is where I was as of last week, Here is some more shots of my progress.

trailer cage 008.jpg

trailer cage 009.jpg

trailer cage 011.jpg

trailer cage 012.jpg

trailer cage 014.jpg
  4. J & D Greens

Maybe in a couple of years, but for now it holds everything I will need. I am going to put a plate over the spare tire for my Sthil back-pack blower, it holds two 21" mowers side by side and when I do my clean-ups I fit my Snapper in and pull my Billy-Goat Vac up backwards next to it, (I use the Snapper to suck up the rest of the debris after it is all raked up. And I use my Vac for all the concrete patio's and garden beds, ect. ect. ect. I don't have big yards and can get in and out with this tiny trailer attached to my Ford
    F-150. Some day I will go for broke but for now I will make things as efficient as I can with minimal cost. David

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks good
  6. J & D Greens

Thanks, I have been wanting to do this since the beginning but I just got my Mig Welder this winter and wanted to wait until all the taxes where dealt with before I jumped in.
  7. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

i wish i could weld but i get to learn next year
  8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you do some good fab work. I agree with the others though, you need alot bigger of a trailer, you'll be amazed with all the options it opens up! But if it works for you thats cool too man, have fun!
  9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

thts alot of extra weight added to tht trailer!

great welding though:waving:
  10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, that's a small trailer!

Yes, your cage looks good! Nice fab work!

And the biggie... Didn't anyone else notice the FENDERS on the trailer??? I have NEVER seen that done before, pretty ingenious I must say...