Fabricating parts from nothing to something..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by MainTainZ Property Svcs., Nov 18, 2013.

1. MainTainZ Property Svcs.

MainTainZ Property Svcs. LawnSite Member

How many of you out there fabricate the parts that you need? I love taking things used for one purpose and modifying it for another purpose. My latest project is in the "picture" forum under atv snow plow install. What have you modified or fabricated for a specific need? What was it originally and what did you change it to? Just wanting to see other peoples ideas. Pictures or descriptions would be awesome...Thanks

2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Along time ago I needed something to hold my trimmers. So I made one out of scrap metal I had around shop. It's been mounted on several trailers and just this morning I mounted it on my new 18' trailer. (My old race car hauler)

3. MainTainZ Property Svcs.

MainTainZ Property Svcs. LawnSite Member

I need to build a couple more doodads for my enclosed trailer..(Btw, definition of doodad= anything used for a thingamajig..

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

5. absoluteservices

absoluteservices LawnSite Member

We try to make anything we can to save $$$! Just got a 2001 ford f550 dump. Hinges for the dump body where just about gone. 2 days and about 300.00 in steel, and gas for the welder had a new set better then factory! Knapiehide wanted $1000.00 plus shipping. Next made a plow mount for a ford expedition 2001. Yes i know im going to kill that poor truck! 2 days used leftovers from a old plow mount off of another ford f450 and scrap steel i had. next is converting a old state hwy arrow board to a power washer trailer. It help my partner is a welder and mechanic.