1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I guess this would be the place for people to show and exchange ideas about home-made devices and modifications.
    Spring assisted gate lifts, etc.
    I'm making some wheel locks for my mowers made out of angle iron in a square shape: the front and rear pieces are upside down to drive over, with the edges up L shape to keep the tire from sliding all over.
    I also put pieces of pipe insulation (foam) around the trimmers shafts where they fit on the rack, this didn't affect their performance or weight and made them ride a lot better.
    I'll try to get pics posted, but very busy now.

2. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

That's a great idea!
    I think I'll put some foam around my shaft and see how it rides!
    Thanks for the tip!

3. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

when ibuilt my trimmer racks i put old pieces of haeter hose to protect the trigger and shaft.

4. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I just mahe a cooler rack for the trailer.....finished yesterday. It's not the prettiest, but it keeps the waterjug off the truck bed and was a whole lot cheaper than a pre-made unit.

I'll post em when I take em.

5. jeffyr

As I said....not the presttiest (I'm new to this). As I understand, form should follow function--and the function part is okay.

[​IMG]

:)

6. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Jeffyr - nothin' wrong with that! I also like the fact that you painted it to match the trailer - amazing what a difference a coat of paint makes.

7. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

jeffyr
    do you still have the lid to that cooler ?
    i had 2 of them that the lids blew off.

8. jeffyr

rdh,

I have a small bungee that stretches across the lid (not pictured). I am happy not having the cooler on the bed--that little thing was always getting pushed out of the way and burried--now that it's out in the open I drink alot more too.

jeffyr

9. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't forgot this post!:eek:

I planning on uploading some pics of what I have come up with, including wheel holders on trailer for mowers, deck lift(perfect for that 200lb toro 52" deck). I want to make a folder in webshots so one link can show several items.
    A while back someone posted about a rear weight kit for a toro walk behind(new style), if anyone has done this I'd like see it. ;)

10. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I posted this on another thread but for those who did not see it here is my spool holder. It uses spring tension to hold the spool tight and a spring to hold the end of the line. Small project but usefull. Took half an hour and less than $10.00 materials.

line holder 3.jpg