Facebook to advertise?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnsaspire, Sep 6, 2009.

1. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone here use facebook to promote your business? I set up a business page but I'm not sure where to go from there. Have you had any success with this?

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I haven't, but I have a customer who is a marketing "guru". Her husband has just opened a restaurant in town and she strongly recommended using it. They have for his business and it has really helped. They offer coupons and the like and the advertising is all free. She says it's silly not to use any advertising no matter what it is if it's free...Makes sense, I suppose.

3. jada86

jada86 LawnSite Member

Use facebook to the hilt! As they said above, it's free! Run a monthly special there, talk about current lawn issues, etc.

4. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics LawnSite Member

I think it's fine for playing around online, but I doubt it will bring you much local business.

You want new customers? Try doing one of my yard sign promotions.

5. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Only sure way to know is try it. But in my opinion only businesses that are "fun" can benefit much from facebook. Restaurants, amusement parks, roller rinks, etc are more suited for social media. However, if you can work an angle where you are doing some community good will... free lawn care once per month to a needy single mom or free landscaping class 4 times per year at your local library. Then facebook could be a good place to spread your message.

6. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Check out his work on his facebook page. Haha
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BeSeenGraphics

??? :confused: ???

8. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I was joking:laugh:

I was sleepy when I made that comment:rolleyes:

9. BeSeenGraphics

LOL...I was gonna say...I don't do Facebook. I don't do Myspace either. I don't have time to do a lot for myself. When I get time off of work, I spend it with my family usually.

10. JDT Property Care

JDT Property Care LawnSite Member

I have a FB page, but dont update much. It has gotten me a call or two.

Do you offer a free sample or anything so we can see the product we will get before purchasing? I'm looking for lawn signs in the near future, but have someone local who could do them as well. I have seen their signs, wondering if you do anything like this?