FaceBook & Twitter ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by JoeyD, Nov 6, 2009.

1. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Accepted your request yesterday, thanks for checking out my you tube video too by the way. I need to update it, the quality is not as good as I would like.

3. JoeyD

No problem Tim! Your video is one of the best I have seen. Most are super cheesy.

4. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

What is facebook?? And this twitter thingy I keep hearing about? I really don't get the tweets

5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know anything about Twitter except that a lot of celebs have people "following" them...

Meanwhile Joey... I mean Unique and I are already Facebook friends. Unique seems like the kind of annoying user that laughs at his own jokes though... or at least he "likes" his own updates :)

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

request sent.

7. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

for the BIG big picture, I recommend reading this
    http://thechaosscenario.net/blog/chaos_scenario_sample text.pdf

It a little outside the scope of a lot of small business. Marketing now takes a whole new line of thought.
    You can throw a stick(google) and hit something with regards to HOW to USE....any of the social media platforms.

I liken it to this. Because I mingle with local groups, Chambers, busines breakfast, card swapping etc. I was sitting next to a banker on day, we'd met a few times. He said Tom, why isn't your company maintaining our property. I said I don't know, I'll come see you.

Then one day I get a call, so and so at the bank gave me your number. Now I do an HOA.

From that HOA, come several residents, some who also have commercial properties.

All that from 1 point of contact.

Thats how twitter works or it's supposed to but you still have to work the room.

8. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I am on facebook. I just started a group a few weeks ago.

9. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

10. JoeyD

Its all about networking, linking, and getting your name out!!!