1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by tadpole, Nov 12, 2010.

1. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Just launched my company's Facebook page.

What kind of results have the rest of you guys (and gals?) had?
  2. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd be curious to find out too...
  3. Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls LawnSite Member

I don't know how it relates to business, but when I log on it seems everybody has to tell the world what they're doing. I see posts from some at the same time everyday regarding how their day went, of what they are going to do during the day.

I can't see it a big boost for business, but it's free and who knows where it might lead.
  4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Some are shutting thier websites and just using a facebook page since they are so popular. They can post pictures and update very easily over a website.
  5. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

just keep it interesting and informative, don't mix business and personal,
  6. Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls LawnSite Member

There is a Facebook group called ponds that I have joined. There are only 50 members and doesn't get much action.
    I think the last post was mine about a month or so ago.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  7. tadpole

I am keeping my website and, after several unsuccessful attempts, have linked the Facebook page and my website so that each will link to and complement the other.

I have sent Emails to all on my current contact list announcing the start-up of the Facebook page. Hopefully this will get things rolling. My timing may not be the best, with the onset of winter, but I hope to have some semblance of a following by Spring. This will also allow me time to work out the 'kinks'.

I appreciate the feedback on the original post, but am I the only contractor on this Forum with a Facebook page? So far, it appears so. I find that hard to believe!
  8. turner_landscaping

turner_landscaping LawnSite Member

We have a facebook, twitter, and a blog page and website. Our facebook is linked to our website as well. We started about a yr ago and we have customers take constantly send updated pics of their pond to us. By far our website is our best outlet for business but the facebook page not only gives us but our customers a chance to see how their ponds have progressed. It gives our customers a chance to outlet to each other and share their passion with each other. We also belong to our local pond club where we also give talks and demos as well. Our club has several hundred members over the years and even though they are diy we do get jobs for maintanence repairs, rebuilds, and upgrades.
  9. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you list it under Tadpole? I have one under my personal name but I need to switch it to a STLPONDS page. The problem with me is I'm not a facebook stalker as my kids put it, so I don't follow my page as much.
  10. tadpole

You confirmed what I suspected, that the Facebook would complement the website.
    I am in the process of setting up a Blog. Don't have Twitter.

On your Facebook page, click on "My Account' in the top right. Click on 'Manage Pages'. It should walk you through setting up your business page.