factory bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmlandcare, Feb 16, 2006.

1. dmlandcare

dmlandcare LawnSite Member

Ment to post this in this section not the just starting forum.

We have been asked to submit a bid for a newspaper factory. I would guess its around 150,000 square ft. Here is an arial view. land is pretty much flat, few hills, quite a few trees to go around. What do you think price wise? The property like goes from street to street and tracks to tracks.

I would say around $200/cut

Arial View................. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...1.635945,-88.220558&spn=0.002638,0.006738&t=k
  2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on how much trimming and edging would be required. I don't think $200 is close. I would charge at least $350 or more depending on the above mentioned services.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

wow almost a $100 an acre i dont where you are cuttting but i would stay there . no one in their right mind would pay 100 an acre hammer hammer
  4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds a little on the light side to me and I am in a cheap market. would be about 275 for me
  5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

OK, I will.
  6. dmlandcare

anyone in the northern illinois area have an opinion?
  7. gavinslawncare

gavinslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i think you really close there the chicagoland seems to be a little pricey and thats porbaly a safe bid good luck
  8. dmlandcare

yea i think i am going to inbetween and go with $220. Here are a few pics, kind of hard to see, it was pouring rain today. Tornado watch in chicago in FEBUARY!!!

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg
  9. E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare

E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare LawnSite Member

Yeah I would probably charge $225 - $265.
  10. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

That job would go for about $100 a cut around here. The big LCOs such as Torre & Bruglio are bidding in the area of $30 an acre regardless of trimming ect. I guess they have to in order to keep 500+ employees and 100+ lawn crews busy. They are hurting the industry as a whole with this pricing though. Sad to say, but we make less per acre now, than we did in 1985 when I started. I would bid it at about $150 a cut and wouldn't even be close to the low bid.