Factory built flexible deck mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, Apr 2, 2003.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Check out page 44 of the March issue of Pro magazine. They have a Howard Price ZTR mower with a flexible articulating side deck that gives the mower 80" deck that folds in for gates or transport.

I'd like to see more of this type of technology used on mowers in the future to make them more versatile. Adding the ability to remove it or mow with just the main part of the deck would be even better.

GRASS PRO LawnSite Member

I saw that!

Bladerunner is suppose to have a 100" deck that does that sometime this year!
  3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I emailed Howard Price about a month ago. They were going to send info on this mower. Still have not received anything.
  4. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Howard price had this mower at expo last year as a prototype. It looked extremely well thought out. Howard Price has really put out some fine technically advanced machines that unfortnatly many people have not heard of or seen. A company to keep an eye on down the road.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

They've had them for decades!

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

looks like Flex Deck is out of Biz....LOL j/k Flex
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks For The Chuckle
  9. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

I have three flex deck and they far and far ahead of anything else out there
  10. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I got one thing to say about howard price - beware. I had one. They are built like tanks,but parts are so$$. I had a 727-104" cut,like the one TLS showed a pic of,what a POS. The yanmar engine was great,the rest of the mower,forget it,the T boxes eploded regularly,the brakes were a horrendous design. It cost 187 bucks for a set of blades,and they werent availabel aftermarket,they had a swail i nthem i couldnt find anythig to match them. That was for 5 blades. The belts,what a pita to replace them the machine was a joke.It cost me about 125 bucks a week to use it on my 7 acre lawn,between repairs and maintaince. It broke almost every time i went out with it.