Failed irrigation design

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by socalkol, Oct 20, 2013.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

wow...that has got to be the worst design i have ever seen

you need more around 8 rotors...those small 3' and 2' sections are always tricky, as you are not really supposed to mix sprays and rotors together, but this situation may be where you would have to mix...the landscape beds in this situation would be a good candidate for drip irrigation

i was confused at first, it looked as tho you were in california from your user name, and i know they are tight on their regulations and this would never pass

you aren't the only one tho, our builders aren't any better...IF they hire a professional company to install the irrigation, they are cheap, and you can tell by their work...never head to head coverage, always missing a corner or an end

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Builder = system was designed around a budget and not the landscape.

3. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Texas is much different than most States. A license, design, permit, etc, is not required everywhere.

You can do a search for irrigation designers on google, search in states with license requirements. Although it is best to get someone who can put eyes on the property.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Please inform the hack who installed this to visit this forum so we can stick our collective feet up his ass. :hammerhead:

5. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Based on what you posted, I would frankly suggest you just abandon that and start over. Hopefully the contractor ran a proper mainline and used a good controller, backflow prevention valve and zone valves that can be retasked but the zones themselves are garbage.

To me, it looks like you will need at least 3, maybe 4 zones for that back. You can probably get away with 4 rotors on the left side, you'll need a spray zone on the right from where the curve of the bed starts over and in that little spot of grass in the bottom left. I agree that the beds should be drip. What you've got now is only going to work if you get at least 3" of rain a month, in which case you probably don't need the irrigation at all.

6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep..I was thinking it was cali...

7. TX Easymoney

I predict some crying and then running away to hide under a rock...

:cry::cry:

maybe the OP will print these pages and hand them to the genius who installed that water wasting trainwreck

8. TX Easymoney

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

This is what the op has posted on reference "The guy said the rotors give full coverage to the yard and i need to learn what i'm talking about......"

The installer hasn't, nor desires a clue. He has an in with the developer and is getting paid "prolly quite well" and basically tells the new ho to pound sand.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

He must be a graduate of the booty school of irrigation. If it gets wet, it's getting coverage, over spray matters not. :laugh: