failing 1812's

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mrsteve, Jun 7, 2012.

1. mrsteve

mrsteve LawnSite Member

Wish it had a master valve. I sure would give that a try. Now that I've seen the real pressure I'm concerned about a repair the installer made. The DCV was driven over while the system was being installed, and I got a glimpse of a compression coupling inside the jumbo box. I don't have much faith in those things. Seems like the pipe loves to pull out.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Add a master valve, if possible, and make it the regulator, too.

3. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

is that poly that they tried to glue to pvc?

4. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Yes, it is common around here. It isnt exactly poly, and is made to glue into PVC fittings. I don't use them, but a lot of guys do.

Pre-fab swing joints for me please.

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I make my own with Marlex. When ever I would buy the Pre made they would be too long or too short. I did s zone of 12" pops for a putting green today using my home made swing joints. I will post pics later.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I custom-made every swing joint. Depending on how deep the lateral was and how much mulch was being added, it's impossible to know the length until you're in the trench and aligning for finish grade. Felco #2 clippers work great for swing pipe.

7. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Last time I discussed swing joints Leary and I got into it... threads were deleted and I think I was so pissed off that I didn't come back for a couple of weeks.....

8. Mike Leary

Geez, I forgot, was it important? :dizzy:

9. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

I dunno.... you were being grumpy, I was having a bad day and it all went down hill from there....

10. Mike Leary

The beauty of the forum, is we generally start over the next day, still professional associates and Internet buddies. :)