Fair display

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by landscaperbob, Sep 29, 2005.

1. landscaperbob

landscaperbob LawnSite Member

Recently was asked by hardscape/pond supplier to put in 20' x 20' display at local fair.They have a large area & asked 4 landscapers to do a display.All materials they carry can be used & returned.Only cost was mulch & screenings.Plant material was loaned & returned by local nursery.Total of about 15/20 hours set up over 3 days.Sat for 3 days of fair in the shade of my umbrella in hot/humid weather. Tear down of about 6 hours next day.Filled pond on wed-put 6 fish in thur (from home pond) & they were happy as could be.Pump only ran during fair 10-10.Returned my "roadies" to my pond so they could tell all of their little vacation.Fish were a hit(esp w/kids) but so was my papyrus in the terra cotta flue.Wish I had $1 for all who called it bamboo-but 3 did get it right. Hoping for a good response but time will tell..............

oleyfair1.jpg

oleyfair2.jpg

2. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

not bad.. for a couple hours work.. im sure you will get much work of that.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Looks really great!Nice work .Aren't fairs fun?I used to show my gamebirds at L.A. County Fair every year and make a display for them to run around in.Took 1st prize a few times too.It's fun and you get to meet so many different people at the booth.