Fair market value for a 2006 Ditch Witch SK650

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by pixcomp, Sep 2, 2014.

1. pixcomp

pixcomp LawnSite Member

trying to get a mini skid steer for jobs with tight space. with roughly 2600 hrs on it, seller is asking for $10500, is that fair? appreciate it?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Absolutely not!
    Run away from that machine. 2600 hours are way to many. Just go take 10k into the dealer as your down payment and buy a new one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. pixcomp

pixcomp LawnSite Member

Hi P. thanks for quick comment. So 2600+ hrs on this Kubota engine is pretty the end of life?

4. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

I disagree, the price could be entirely reasonable. Engine life will depend on the owner's maintenance.

I know of a Boxer 532 with 2500 hours on it for ~$9500. New they list for just under $27k and can be had for just over $22k.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

It's 2600 hours. Don't care if the oil was changed every day. That engine has been run for a long time. What else needs to be fixed?

5 grand for it maybe. Those are the highest hours I have even seen on a mini.

I bought a ditch witch sk755 brand new, money well spent.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

A Kubota diesel is different than a Kohler gasser. I've seen economy gas minis with more hours. One Thomas 25G with mid 2k hours rolled and caught on fire. Insurance payout was just under $8k after the deductible.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. pixcomp

pixcomp LawnSite Member

I sort of agree with P.'s statement. I've been trying to find a sk650 machine with similar hours, for comparison purpose, just couldn't find it?! All of the sk650 on the market are all below 1000 hrs.