Fair Price: 2003 Hustler Fastrak 20hp/52"

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by wkasak, Oct 11, 2007.

1. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

I need a little help guys. Last year I upgraded to a Super Z from my Fastrak Z. Of course the fastrak doesn't get any use anymore by me since I bought the Super Z. My sister just built a new house and has about 2 acres of grass to cut now and needs a larger faster mower and wants to buy my fastrak from me. My question is what is a current fair price for a 2003 Hustler Fastrak Z, 20hp Honda, 52" Deck, ~100 residential hours, spring seat, armrests, hour meter, very well maintained. I am the original owner and bought the mower new in 2003 for about $4500. Obviously I don't need to get premium $$$ from my sister, but I do want both of us to feel good about the transfer...What do you think? I wish there was some Kelly Blue Book value for used mowers or maybe there is that I am not aware of? Thanks in Advance...

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hmmm.....
    There is a used lawn equipment blue book, I don't have one, but many dealers do, I would check with a few to see if they can give you a general idea on price.
    You can find it online or in a library I am sure, here is the information to find it easier.
    ISBN: 9781599691046
    http://www.themotorbookstore.com/9781599691046.html

Now my thoughts on the price....
    Your mower for the year and hours and condition as you explain it would be worth about $3,000.00 in my opinion.

3. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

mowerconsultant,

I really appreciate your reply...you were the one that helped me make a educated and informed decision on the used Super Z that I purchased last spring. About $3k for the fastrak was what I was guessing as well, but I wanted to double check so I wasn't gouging my own sister and I could sleep at night.:laugh:

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ya gotta take care of family.....
    Gouging your sister wouldn't be a good thing with the holidays coming and such....lol...lol....