Fair price for a Lazer Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skipwatson, Aug 11, 2001.

1. skipwatson

skipwatson LawnSite Member

Hi, everybody--

I've found a 2001 Lazer Z demo model at a dealer. 60" deck, 25HP KOH, 77 hrs. Comes with full eXmark warranty. They want $6,995.

Any comments would be appreciated!

Skip

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Try to get them to knock off a couple hundred more. Then your getting a deal. Not much of one now.

3. skipwatson

That's what I was thinking, too, Hoss. It's an okay price but not a great deal.

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Only one Exmark dealer here in Evansville and this is the third largest city in Indiana. But he is very high on his prices. That unit would run me new 8600 and thats the best deal he will give hes also a big John Deere dealer. All of his Exmarks come with a donalson air filter i guess thats why he thinks he can get the price he wants, so to me that sounds like one heck of a good deal. 77hrs is like mowing 2 weeks not many hrs. Marks Mowing Service

5. skipwatson

Mark,

We've got a dealer here just like the one you mentioned: has TWO eXmarks in stock and could care less if he sells them. But, man, does he have JDs! Caters mainly to retail customers. Too bad, too, because he's only 2 miles from my house. :(

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like Bob James Equipment.............

7. skipwatson

LOL!!! Very perceptive, mowerconsultant! :D

8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All his stores are the same.....Doesnt seem to want the commercial customers to me......
    Skip,
    I e-mailed you, check your e-mail...

Pj

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I paid $6995 + tax for a new 60"/25hp Kohler. There is a demo at the dealer with 15 hours for $6695.

10. skipwatson

Thanks for the info, Tom. My gut feeling was that $6,500 might be a fairer price.